Friday, March 2, 2012

Join me in Africa without having to get all the shots

I am happy to announce that my friends and family have contributed the money I needed to get my body onto the continent of Africa and put my hands to work. It's only three months until I board a plane and it's starting to get real. I am really excited and starting to prepare my heart for new things I will experience. Reading some great books, getting a list ready for packing, and starting my shots. Oh boy!

Now a really fun part of preparation starts! Well, part 1 of 2 for the fun.
Part 1 is raising money for the orphanages I will be visiting. Our team will raise as much as we are able to for works on the ground once we get there. Cash is not handed over to orphanage directors, but there are many things we can't pack in bags (more of that on part 2) that the orphanage is in need of. While we are in country, our leaders can take the orphanage directors shopping or shop for them for things like stoves, washing machines, water filtration systems, playground equipment, etc.

I would really love to open up the opportunity to all of you if you feel that helping these orphans directly is something you would love to do. I know most of us have given to big organizations that help many children, but I thought it might make it more real to give to these children and see pictures in June of the impact YOU had on them. If you feel called... give. If you feel called and you want to see big change... give big! This all goes to the cause and not to my personal travel. I'm ready to see some amazing things. Want to see pictures and hear stories of some amazing things, too? Let's do this!

1- the Paypal button on here will work to go to raising these gifts (and tracked on the side)
2- Look for my next post in a few days of how you can contribute money to this cause by just cleaning out and donating some of your kids unused items.

No comments:

Post a Comment