Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm Back!!!

I have been back from Africa for a few days now and just starting to get back to a routine...kind of.  The transition back to schedule is easier than figuring out how to live here again with my heart broken in new and beautiful ways. 

I have to give a HUGE thank you to all of you that helped get me over to Africa this year and those of you that helped fund projects we worked on as well.  The trip was even better than I could have imagined.  We had unexpected challenges and unexpected blessings that added to the heart break and beauty of the stories.  I know I was right where I was supposed to be and now can not imagine if I had chosen to skip this year...what a mistake that would have been. 

As I think about blogging stories this year, I know there are SO many stories all of you would love to read.  However, things are a bit different this year.  These are not just faces I met for a few days and now are stories in my past.  These people are my friends and some of their stories are too private to put out into the blogging world.  I know they would not mind me sharing them over a cup of coffee or a private chat, so if a story is interesting to you or speaks to your heart and you want to know more just send me a message :)

Don't worry, there is still much I can and will share.  My friend Kendra will blog as well and I will share some of her stories also.  Having my best friend along for this adventure was so amazing and at points I could not have stayed on my feet if it were not for her literally holding me up.  Best friends are a necessity when the "ugly cry" is in full force.  Learning more about the countries and cultures was a highlight and it was nice to not have the culture shock that I experienced last year.  It felt like going home.  

Stories are coming soon, I'm almost ready to start sharing.  It sounds funny, but it's actually hard to get them out.  I know I can't convey them in a way they can be fully understood, but my hope is that I can come close.  These are the times I wish I was an actual writer.  I hope that some of you would read these stories and think about going.  These trips are filled with really ordinary people who find when they get there something great they are able to contribute that is memorable and often life changing for someone.  Almost always it is life changing for themselves.  Think about it, consider it, pray about it, and keep an open mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment