Saturday, August 6, 2011

Garage Sale



This past weekend I kicked off my fundraising with a garage sale. A bunch of my friends gave great items to sell and boy did it sell! Besides donating items to sell, my friend Kendra and her husband gave up their driveway to make this whole sale possible. It was wonderful to have my mom in town for this. She not only made snickerdoodles for the sale, but came both mornings and was an amazing help! Starbucks donated coffee, so we had the happiest buyers in town. The adults enjoyed the hot coffee and the kids were going back for seconds on the amazing cookies. Tristan was an amazing sales man, and the kids got to enjoy the banner we were selling while it was there. They were very sad when someone actually wanted to buy their slip-n-slide.

I am so gratefully for the generosity of my friends and felt very loved and supported by the friends that made this possible. It's a big crazy thing I'm doing, and it's nice to know I have people behind me. The fundraising was a success, but I have a LONG way to go. Time to get creative...




1 comment:

  1. so happy to hear it was a success. proud of you for taking this leap!

    ReplyDelete