Monday, April 23, 2012

What a weekend!

Wow is all I can say about this past weekend's twin sale!  Thanks to Sarah, Christina, Kim, Jody, Amy, and Melissa for donating items to sell at the children's consignment sale, we were able to raise $551 to put to work directly in the orphanages while I'm in Africa.  After working like it depended on me and praying like it depended on God, this is a great blessing!  I'm also thankful that my friend Jody was willing to help me carry ALL that stuff out of storage, to the car, and into the sale.  It's so nice to have someone come work along side you during these ventures because it makes you feel like you're not alone in this. 

The money raised this weekend brings our orphan donation to a grand total of $671.  I am beyond excited to see what we will be able to do with this!  With only a few short weeks to go before I travel, I will not be actively asking for donations for the orphanages, BUT this sight will still be up and you can feel free to add to the cause.  In no time at all I will be sharing stories and pictures of all the blessings being showered on these orphans because of YOUR gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment